FIA launches invitation to tender for Karting
a. The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (the “FIA”) is the governing body for world motor sport and the federation of the world’s leading motoring organisations.
b. It is a non-profit making association and brings together 237 national motoring and sporting organisations from 142 countries on five continents. Its member clubs represent millions of motorists and their families.
c. The FIA is the sole body governing international motor sport and is recognised by its members as the sole authority having the sporting power with the right to organise international FIA championships, including the following eight (8) multi-round championships and the CIK-FIA International KZ2 Super Cup, (referred to in this document as the “Championships”, each a “Championship”, and as more fully described in, and subject to the terms of, the CIK-FIA International Karting Regulations):
i. The CIK-FIA World Championship (OK class);
ii. The CIK-FIA World KZ Championship;
iii. The CIK-FIA World Junior Championship;
iv. The CIK-FIA International KZ2 Super Cup;
v. The CIK-FIA European Championship (OK class);
vi. The CIK-FIA European KZ Championship; vii. The CIK-FIA European KZ2 Championship; and
viii. The CIK-FIA European Junior Championship.
d. The Commission Internationale de Karting (“CIK-FIA”) is the FIA sporting commission responsible for the development, promotion co-ordination and regulation of Karting-related activities around the world.
e. As part of its mandate from its members in relation to international motor sport, the FIA is seeking the promotion of Championships 1.c. i-iv throughout the world and Championships 1.c.v-viii in Europe, for the period commencing on 1 January 2018 and expiring on 31 December 2020 or such other period as the FIA may agree (the “Term”).
2. Call for Tenders from qualified Candidates
a. Capitalised terms used in this Invitation To Tender (“ITT”) have the meanings given
b. The ITT sets out: i. the applicable procedures and other requirements of those recipients of the ITT that submit a response to the FIA (a “Tender”) (each, a “Candidate”); ii. the required format of Tenders; and iii. the legal provisions applicable to this ITT and each Tender made in response to it.
c. The FIA is now calling for Tenders from Candidates seeking to contract to be the FIA’s Promoter of the Championships with a view to concluding a Promoter Agreement to exploit the applicable commercial rights, provide services, and organise the Championships during the Term in accordance with the terms of the ITT in locations to be approved by the FIA.
d. The FIA thanks you for your interest and looks forward to receiving your Tender.
3. Eligibility of Candidates a. To be eligible to have its Tender considered in this process, each Candidate will be required to satisfy the FIA that it possesses the resources, ability and experience to exploit the relevant commercial rights and perform the relevant services.
4. Evaluation of Candidates and Tenders a. Candidates acknowledge that the FIA’s assessment of its Tender will be based on its evaluation of the totality of the circumstances, including: i. the Candidate's specific proposals for the exploitation of the commercial rights; ii. the Candidate's specific proposals for the provision of services; iii. the Candidate’s record in related and relevant activities; and iv. such other factors as the FIA may consider. b. The FIA has no obligation to accept the Tender with the highest monetary value or the Tender with the most favourable financial terms or indeed to make a selection and accept any Tender made. All approvals (and any acceptance of a Tender by the FIA) will be in the FIA’s sole discretion and will be non-appealable. The FIA will not be required to provide, publicly or privately, any explanation for its decisions.
5. Form of Tender a. Candidates must review and comply with the required form of response set out in Schedule 1.
6. Clarification from Candidates a. The FIA reserves the right to ask questions and request supplemental information from any of the Candidates through any means it considers appropriate.
7. Clarifications from the FIA
a. Following the issuance of the ITT, the FIA will, where possible, provide any clarification reasonably requested in relation to the contents of the ITT. All queries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org .
b. Queries will not be accepted if received by the FIA on or after 14 August 2017.
For more information visit: http://www.fia.com/invitation-tender