2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic festivities
NEW YORK – The National Hockey League (NHL) has announced the attractions and hockey interactives planned for The PreGame at the 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic, the official fan festival of the Oct. 26 outdoor game between the Calgary Flames and Winnipeg Jets in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Before the Flames face the Jets at 8pm local time (SN1, CBC, City and TVAS2 in Canada and on NBCSN in the US) at Mosaic Stadium, The PreGame will entertain fans of all ages at Confederation Park with dynamic activities from 1pm – 7.30pm local time on Saturday, Oct. 26, and from 10am to 1.30pm local time on Sunday, Oct. 27.
Highlighting The PreGame are the Tim Hortons Coffee Trucks where fans can receive a free cup of Canada’s favorite coffee or a cup of hot chocolate and spin to be entered for a chance to win a trip to the 2020 Honda NHL® All- Star Game or other prizes. The Stanley Cup will also be on display on Saturday from 2.30pm to 6.30pm local time and there will be live musical performances by local Regina cover bands - Wonderland on Saturday and Fog Dog on Sunday.
Admission to The PreGame will be free and open to the public. A ticket to the 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic is not required for access, but fans will need to go through security screening to enter.
The PreGame at the 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic
Saturday, Oct. 26: 1 – 7.30pm local time
Sunday, Oct. 27: 10am – 1.30pm local time
1700 Elphinstone St.
Regina, SK S4P 2Z6
Admission to The PreGame will be free and open to the public. A ticket to the 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic is not required for access.
The PreGame will feature the following attractions:
- Calgary Flames: Brush up on your stick skills by shooting into our giant inflatable, and enter to win your very own Calgary Flames NHL Heritage Classic Jersey. Stop by the Flames tent between 5pm and 6pm for autograph opportunities with Flames alumni!
- Danone: Oikos challenges fans to channel their inner champion at the Hardest Shot booth! Oikos is proud to be the official yogurt of the NHL.
Esso: Imperial Oil Limited and the Esso brand have been supporting hockey for over 80 years. And now, they’re giving fans an opportunity to gear up using authentic vintage equipment to travel back in time and create a classic hockey photo of their own to take home.
- Fanatics: A wide assortment of NHL Heritage Classic apparel and products will be available for purchase at the NHL Official Merchandise Shop - A Fanatics Experience.
- Honda: Visitors to the Honda tent can check out the all-new Honda Passport, test their shooting accuracy in the Virtual Reality Hockey Shootout, get free swag, charge mobile devices, and meet NHL Alumni Mike Vernon for photos and autographs.
- Kruger: Get absorbed in the action with the SpongeTowels Zamboni® machine! Hop on and get your picture taken with Spongie while ‘cleaning up the ice’, plus get coupons and a free Scotties tissue pocket pack.
- Lay’s: The Lay’s Accuracy Challenge will reward sharp shooters with a chance to enjoy hockey’s favorite snack.
- Nestle: Are you into BREAKing records? Come test your slap shot accuracy with the KITKAT Bullseye Battle. Afterwards is a perfect time to “have a break, have a KITKAT” with some complimentary KITKAT!
- Rod Pedersen Show: Meet Rod Pedersen and have the chance to shoot your very own segment for the show! Fans will have the chance to win an #RPShow prize pack!
- Safeway: Come visit Safeway Canada on-site for PreGame snacks, our hockey skills competition, giveaways and more!
Scotiabank: Scotiabank’s Ultimate Hat Trick will be an interactive game, giving fans the chance to win a trip to any regular season NHL game of their choice, plus $1,000 to be deposited into a Scotiabank Ultimate Account.
- Sportsnet 960 The Fan: Sportsnet 960 is Calgary’s only all sports radio station and the radio home of the Calgary Flames. Calgary Flames Warmup is our comprehensive pregame show one hour before every game, hosted by Pat Steinberg and Peter Loubardias. Once the puck drops, Derek Wills takes you through every second of action.
- Tim Hortons: Fans can stop by the Tim Hortons Coffee Trucks to receive a free cup of Canada’s favorite coffee or a cup of hot chocolate and spin to be entered for a chance to win a trip to the 2020 Honda NHL All Star Game or other great prizes!
- Upper Deck: Fans can score a FREE personalised trading card from Upper Deck. While visiting the Upper Deck booth, fans can have their picture taken by professional photographers and will receive their own personalised trading card right on site.
- Winnipeg Jets: The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club will have their new inflatable rink that fans can test out. Moose and Benny will be present with the promotional team with giveaways all weekend.
For more information, fans should visit NHL.com/HeritageClassic. In addition, a wide assortment of NHL Heritage Classic products will be available for purchase at the Official Merchandise Shop at the 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Fans are also encouraged to download the NHL Fan Access App for the opportunity to participate in many fun PreGame activities, a chance to win prizes at The PreGame, receive up-to-date event schedule alerts, access to event maps and much more. The app is available in the App Store and Google Play. All fans entering The PreGame will be subject to a security screening.
A limited number of tickets to the 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic are available for purchase through Ticketmaster, the official ticketing partner of the NHL, via its website and the Ticketmaster app. Fans can purchase tickets safely and securely on Ticketmaster.com and the NHL Ticket Exchange, with the peace of mind in knowing that the specific seats they buy are the seats they’ll get.
Fans can join the conversation on social media by including the use of the NHL hashtag NHL #HeritageClassic at @NHL, @NHLFlames and @NHLJets.