NBC Partners with deltatre to Deliver NBCOlympics.com on MSN for Coverage of the Beijing Olympic Games
TORINO, ITALY – April 30th, 2008 – deltatre, a recognized leader within the sports technology industry, providing a wide-range of IT services to leading sports federations and events including the FIFA World Cup and UEFA Champions League, has been selected by NBC to develop and manage NBCOlympics.com on MSN powered by Microsoft Silverlight for the network’s coverage of the 2008 Olympics from Beijing, China, August 8-24. The announcement was made today by Perkins Miller, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, NBC Sports & Olympics and Giampiero Rinaudo, Chief Executive of deltatre. The website will be a joint project between NBC Olympics, deltatre and Microsoft’s MSN.
deltatre’s contribution to the Olympic website will include:
- The development and management of the website
- The management of incoming data feeds to generate and publish results
- The integration of external feeds and 3rd party applications.
Giampiero Rinaudo, Chief Executive of deltatre, said "We are delighted to be working on this complex and prestigious project with the NBC. We are confident that with our technology and experience, and the contributions of NBC and MSN, this website will provide a ground-breaking online offering and will provide consumers with a truly unique live experience."
"We are very excited to be working with deltatre on this important project,” said Perkins Miller, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, NBC Sports and Olympics. "We believe deltatre’s depth of experience in producing global sports online will make for smooth running of NBCOlympics.com.”
“NBCOlympics.com on MSN” will deliver:
· 2,200 hours of live event video coverage, with more than 20 simultaneous live video streams at peak times.
· More than 3,000 hours of on-demand video content including full-event replays, highlights, features, interviews and encore packages.
· An enhanced playback mode powered by Silverlight, a cross-platform, cross-browser plug in that provides a true high-definition, full screen viewing experience that raises the bar for consumer experiences on the Web. Silverlight also enables unique metadata overlays that enable fans to have access not only to high quality video, but also to the wealth of related content including results, statistics, comprehensive bios, rules and expert analysis from NBC’s Olympic digital media team in Beijing.
· Live video alerts so fans can stay connected to the events and teams they care most about.
· Social networking features that enable fans to share aspects of their Olympic experience with friends.
About NBC Olympics
NBC, “America's Olympic Network,” owns the exclusive U.S. media rights to the Olympic Games, television’s most powerful property, through 2012, which includes Beijing in 2008, Vancouver in 2010 and London in 2012. From August 8-24, 2008 NBC Universal will present an unprecedented 3,600 hours of coverage, highlighted by NBC in primetime with live swimming, gymnastics and beach volleyball. In August 2004, 203 million viewers watched as the networks of NBC Universal—NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Bravo, Oxygen, Telemundo, and NBC’s HD affiliates—offered a then record 1,210 hours of Olympic coverage from Athens. For additional information, go to NBCOlympics.com, a year-round destination for fans of Olympic sports, featuring news, Beijing previews, athlete features, expert blogs, photos, Olympic video from the NBC archives and social tools enabling users to build communities around their favorite sports, post comments and blogs.
deltatre is a recognized leader within the sports technology industry, providing a wide-range of IT services to leading sports federations. deltatre, for example, provides IT solutions and events services to some of the world's most prestigious sporting events, including the FIFA World Cup, UEFA Champions League, European Football Championships, Rugby World Cup, and the IAAF World Championships.
For further information, please contact:
Carlo Lisa Paul Bristow
Tel: +39 011 384 1800 Tel: +44 20 8545 1500