Sailing and sustainability go hand in hand
We can't remove every piece of plastic from the sea. That task is too big. However, we can make sure that no waste ends up in the ocean during the Hempel Sailing World Championships next year in Aarhus, Denmark.
To help reach that goal, World Perfect has developed a bag that makes it very easy to sort trash at sea. The bags were used at the test event in August in Aarhus, and the reviews were great.
The waste separation bag is a prototype. At the moment, the local organizing committee is looking for a partner who shares the vision of an ocean free from plastic and other types of waste, and who would like to be part of financing the project. Together, this would ensure that the bags will be on board the 500-600 coach boats.
Sport Event Denmark, Danish Sailing Association, Sailing Aarhus and the City of Aarhus partner the event. And it is very important for all the partners of the project that the large event will be carried through in a sustainable way.
To learn more; watch the video below, in which Rasmus from World Perfect talks about the project: https://youtu.be/9PSfolMJWtI
Potential sustainability partners could send an e-mail to Martin Vrist Christensen, who is the Commercial Manager: email@example.com
Facts on Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus 2018
• 30/7-12/8 2018
• Official title: Hempel Sailing World Championships Aarhus 2018
• The first big qualification for the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020.
• The World Championships in Aarhus will include all 10 Olympic boat classes.
• Kite surfing will be added to the program for the first time.
• 1100 sailboats
• 1500 participants from approx. 100 nations
• The event expects to draw 400.000 visitors to Aarhus
• More than 800 volunteers