Football Fans Trial Exciting New Matchday Entertainment
Today, Sony has announced it is conducting a pioneering four-match technology pilot at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium. Within the stadium complex, the test will allow a select group of fans to view match content from their seats before, during and after the match using a Sony PSP device.
Using Wi-Fi technology, fans will be able to enhance their match-day experience with live video streams of the match as well as multiple-angle action replays of key incidents. They will also have the ability to analyse the latest match statistics including attempts on goal, fouls won and conceded and possession percentages. As well as an on-screen “ticker” which scrolls between the coverage of the live stream with updates from other games, there is also a live league table, which updates itself as and when goals go in across the country.
The technology trial will take place during four home games this season. Using Sony PSPs, fans will have access and insight into core match footage and statistics including:
- See exclusive footage before, during and after the match including interviews with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger and senior squad members.
- View the starting line-ups of each team as and when they are announced.
- Analyse the latest match data and statistics
- Receive updates of other key matches currently being played
- Opportunities for interactivity such as voting for your own Man of the Match
- Access to previous match video highlights
- Receive their own personal video stream of the game
- Replay goals, shots on target and other key incidents
Eric Siereveld, Director of Retail, Transport and Venues Division, Sony Professional Solutions Europe said, “As a huge football fan myself, I am delighted Sony is trialing this technology at the Emirates stadium. The PSP will enable fans to replay that 40 yard thunderbolt of a free-kick to be viewed again and again at differing speeds and from different angles – a truly unique opportunity.”
As part of the trial, not only will fans be able to keep abreast of the latest scores as they happen throughout the country, but they will also be able to review previous encounters between Arsenal and their matchday opponents via the PSP.
“Our vision for Emirates Stadium was for it not only to be a football stadium but to be an entertainment venue for our fans too. With Sony as our technology solution provider, we are working together to develop innovative ways to entertain our fans both on and off the pitch. As part of this we are looking forward to hearing the reaction from the fans to see how the PSP application can be developed further”. said Adrian Ford, Commercial Director, Arsenal FC.